Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

If there is one thing I hope our children know and understand, are the sacrifices their Daddy made for our freedom.  It is not without much pain, sadness and hardship that he left the states 3 different times to serve over seas. I am so grateful he went into the military, otherwise our paths may never have crossed, but the serving, waiting and worrying I think aged us both many years. 

We have a wooden trunk in our home that is filled with memories from his Iraq tours. This Veteran's day however, I was determined to complete a scrapbook I had started many years ago highlighting certain pictures of his brothers in the Marines, along with newspaper clippings, letters and mementos of his military journey. 

I was excited the babies were interested to see the pictures and know what was going on.  

One day I pray that our babies understand what their Daddy had to endure. That he truly is a Hero!

No comments: