Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Thursday, March 25, 2010

3 1/2 weeks and counting...

The doctor visit was great today! It really is amazing how blessed we are each week. At this point I feel I could go to the hospital at anytime, so when I get to come home I am just blown away.

My cervical length measured, 2.3, which is not the best....however is great for how far along I am and how much weight I am carrying. It is "stayin' strong" according to Dr. Romberg. Although I have started swelling, some days worse than others, my blood pressure is perfect and she is not concerned about precalmpsia. She reviewed the reports from last week (she was out with her kids for spring break) from the babies growth and they are all growing great, heart rates good and fluid levels where they need to be. She is so proud we have done so well and feels confident we will make it 3 1/2 more weeks! WOW! Day by day is all I can say.

She thought that when the babies are in until the 20th of April they will be between 4 and 5 pounds, and just depending on how they do may only be in the NICU for a few weeks. The longer they stay incubating, the less they will be in the NICU.

I'm hanging in there. I think I officially look like a chinese umpa lumpa, with my squinty eyes and growing belly...but hey what can you do. I have officially tipped the scales at 207 and think that in way is hilarious since my stomach is smaller and I don't eat as much as you would think a 8 month pregnant woman would. But, I'm not burning any calories so I guess that explains it. I am very uncomfortable pretty much 24/7. Dr. Romberg did say it was ok to get up from time to time and stretch my body since the babies at this point are just taking over and just making things more squished. I am laying on my side more throughout the day because sitting up at times causes discomfort. The days do go by fairly quick so if I can just make it to April 19th, I will be SO happy! I have already told Jack we are going out to dinner that Monday night before the c-section, and I want Kyoto, hibachi grill!!! Mmmmm...I am thinking we will have to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary then because on April 23rd we will be loving on our babies in the hospital.

Here's to 32 weeks tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Sweetheart. To me it seems like such a short time but I know you are uncomfortable and ready to see those precious babies. We love you and think of you daily!!