Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Friday, April 2, 2010

33 Weeks Today

Last night was a rough nights sleep. The nurses came in every 4 hours and by the time I went to sleep at 11 or so, it was time to either get my vitals and listen to baby heart beats OR time to go to the bathroom. At 4 I woke up with major pain in my right leg, as it is swelling very fast and has really become painful. We got my bed situated to make it a little more bearable and get my leg up. This morning the nurse came in at 9 and we headed for a sonogram on the babies. They ALL look really good. Abigail's fluid is up from yesterday, and her "pockets" were much better, which is fabulous. All their breathing and heart rates were awesome. Although they are squished in there, they are all healthy.

Here are their stats:
Abigail - 3 pounds 12 ounces
Wyatt - 4 pounds 9 ounces
Jessy Grace - 4 pounds 1 ounce

Dang babies! Almost 15 pounds of you....no wonder mommy is a sleepy girl. We were excited to know the weights since we thought we would have to wait until next week.

Dr. Romberg came in shortly after the sonogram to review my blood work. While the blood work done is moderate, it is not a high risk for hypertension. My blood pressure also fluctuated, but nothing of to much concern. She plans to have me monitored still every 4 hours and the babies monitored on the bigger machine once a day. I will have blood drawn every day and we will go from there as far as how the numbers look. Things are just "moderate" now, nothing to high, nothing too low. I do not have results for my 24 hour urine test, and that will measure my protein levels and kidney function. Even if those numbers are high we will not deliver today. Dr. Romberg said I could make it to the 20th or it could be sooner, we will just take it day by day.

The babies are 33 weeks today. Here is what is going on according to baby.com for a single baby. We are so pleased our little bundles are right on track.

"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."

Pretty awesome that our little guys are doing so well! So as of now I am just resting, visiting with family and friends and taking it easy. I am in great care and I know this is where God wants me to be. I already miss home, but I am sure it will still stay standing without me. :)

No comments: