Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Routine!

If you haven't realized already, a huge part of having multiples is having a routine. I am calling it "organized chaos", however the organized is key as well. Today at the NICU was just a tiny glimpse on the organization needed to make a feeding work with 3 babies.

It was an eventful Saturday as Jack and I did a lot realizing it was our last day as a "single" couple. We had a great afternoon and really worked together on the feedings, we turned out to be a good team!! The routine quickly became change diaper and/or clothes, take temperature, feed, burp, feed, burp, hold for a few minutes and then lay down. I nursed 2 babies while Jack bottle fed one, then when that one was done we finished the 2 I had up with a small amount of bottle...he had one baby and I had the other. Overall, it was about an hour and half ordeal, giving me a small understanding of how the day would be like.

If you are wondering, when one baby wakes up you wake them all up...but they have been on the 9, 12, 3 and 6 schedule for over a week that they all three are ready pretty much right on the dot!

After their 2 pm feeding, I had to get them all snuggled. Are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen!?!?!?



Abigail











Wyatt


Jessy Grace


Later in the afternoon Jack got called to do a job for work so my Mom picked me up and we did some shopping! It was the first time I had really done any sort of walking around the store since January...it was on :) We went to Kirklands, Target and Babies R Us. I was able to get a lot of things I needed marked off my list.

That evening my Mom met up with Jack in Rockwall and passed me off. Jack and I had a wonderful dinner together and celebrated so many blessings! It was a perfect date.

Tomorrow we have to be at the hospital at 2 pm to get things ready for Jessy Grace to "room in" with us. She will get a bath tomorrow and we will practice again mixing her vitamins to 1 of her feeds and also adding the supplement to her milk so she can get big and strong faster. (This is a neat fact, breast milk is only 20 calories per cc...the doctor wants the babies to get 24 calories.)

Here's to Sunday!!!

No comments: