Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day & First Time at Church

We had a WONDERFUL Father's Day. I can't speak for Jack, but I had a great day and I think he did as well. It was a relaxing day, for what our definition of relaxing is, and the babies all did great!

Our strategic plan to get to church was quite the conversation all week. Our plan was put to shame, go figure, when the babies slept until 4 am Sunday morning. Ha talk about a humility lesson. BUT, it ALL worked out. We went to first service and were greeted by our dear friends David, Lezlee and Maddie. We got the babies inside the church and the viewing began. I don't do well with the attention, but I am just going to have to get over it...it's going to be like this for quite some time. Our church family was so glad to meet the babies they had prayed over for so long...and Jack and I were definitely proud parents. The babies slept through the entire service and did well even with the noise and music.

I had tried over and over to take picture of the babies and their cute outfits, and it seemed every time we wanted to they were sleeping, or getting in their car seats or being fussy. SO, I just opted for the fussy pictures and here is what I got. Their cute socks were kicked off and hair bows somewhere, so this is as good as it gets.
It looks like the girls are smiling....not so much :)

After the 2 pm feeding we decided to head to a late lunch/early dinner. It seemed the best time for the crowd and we knew the babies would sleep. We headed to one of Jack's favorite restaurants, Fish Camp in Royse City. Our meal was fabulous and it was so fun to go as a family for the first time on Father's Day.

Thank you Jack for being a wonderful father. For the love, support and sanity you provide me on a daily basis. You are a blessing to our babies and I can't wait for many more memories and Father's Day's to come. Overall, this first time Daddy had a great day.

No comments: