Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Endless Party.

So I started reading another baby book today, it has been a while! I haven't read much since I got home from the hospital. I don't know if it is because I feel like I have enough to do during the day with work and at night I have visitors, OR if I have just been procrastinating on learning more. Well, today I picked up a book I ordered on Amazon a few weeks ago. It is called "On Becoming Baby Wise," and was recommended by many moms at the Multiples Mom meeting I went to at the beginning of January. The book is, and I quote "an exciting infant management plan that successfully and naturally helps infants synchronize feeding, waketime, and nighttime sleep cycles." Who wouldn't want to know more about that, especially when you will have 3 infants!

So, I haven't read from front to back yet, but I did go ahead and skip to Chapter 9 that is titled "Multiple Birth: The Endless Party." I laughed when I read the chapter title. Party!? I mean I can see how it could be madness, but I am not sure about the word "party." I'm sure they are trying to make you feel better because of what your about to experience, but so far the techniques I had read are pretty interesting and it does make sense. I have much more to read, and even more to learn, but I am excited about my new resource and hope the babies are taking note when I tell them key points they need to remember when they enter this world :)

Today started off rough, but ended great. I always get sad on Sundays. I miss going to church with Jack and seeing all of our friends. Then when one tear falls they all come...so I just went ahead and through myself a pity party before Jack left and just told him I wish we could go to a movie or go out to eat, I miss doing things with him. He listened, asked if I wanted him to stay, I said no and I sucked it up. All selfish talk, but once a week isn't bad, right?!?

This afternoon Lezlee and Maddi came over after church and Maddy brought a yummy cake she had made, with chocolate icing. Jack rated it a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10, so I am sure the babies enjoyed it too! Kathy and David dropped by for a minute to bring me the recorded version of the Church service, and then my Aunt Regina brought my Nana over for a long visit this afternoon. My cousin Connor also came and helped Jack bath the dogs, that was funny to hear about when he got inside. This evening Super Bowl party for 2 occurred. Jack and I ate dinner and vegged on the couch to watch the game....I mean commercials :)

Tomorrow begins another week, and another week of baking. The babies seem to all be doing great. I don't understand their movements lately, but it is fun to feel and watch. Either Wyatt or Jessy Grace are so far on my right side I can't even imagine how they aren't about to slip behind my back. It is crazy! Last night I told Jack that Wyatt was doing cartwheels so he better watch out, he quickly said "no, he is doing pull-ups on your ribs." He or Jessy Grace are having their own party, that's for sure! My skin feels also feels so tight these days. Really, when I make it to 33 weeks, I can't imagine how my belly won't burst! We will see how it all works out.

No comments: