Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Thursday, February 11, 2010

English Hothouse Cucumber? What!?!?

So we are at 26 weeks and growing. This is what baby.com has to say about this week's growth.

"The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days."

What the heck is an "English hothouse cucumber" you ask? I sure did...well it apparently looks like this:


Maybe just say cucumber!?

It is amazing to me how the babies grow. How God has specifically designed each week of development in His perfect plan. Takes your breathe away! To know they are developing better lung capacity is a great thing, but of course the longer they stay in the better.

Friday day was good. Nothing too extraordinary, working and lots of conversation about the crazy weather. WOW, I think this snow forgot it was in Texas!! We got about 12 inches here in Royse City, it is beautiful. Tonight Jack and I are going to hang out with Cindy, Ken and their new baby, Micah. I can't wait to meet you Micah! And tomorrow, I am excited to see several friends for my shower that will be here at the house. It is with my Chamber and City friends...it will be fun.
Here's to a good weekend, I'll cheers with my big jug of water :)

No comments: