Blessed with a Miracle

Abigail, Wyatt and Jessy Grace

Monday, February 1, 2010

Short & Sweet

It is pretty crazy the things you look forward to when you are on bed rest. For instance, the mail is a really big part of my day and going to the doctor this week will be the highlight of my week I get to go outside! I am starting to get really pale, Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion, you are about to be my friend :) It is just funny the things you think about when you have so much time to think about it.

I will tell you that I feel closer to the babies than ever. They had a boxing match after dinner tonight, it was hilarious. Because this is the only pregnancy I will have, for obvious reasons, I am really trying to take in each movement, milestone and week. I get updates from baby.com each week and at 24 weeks, here is what is going on:

"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon."

Pretty awesome! So I have 3 ears of corn in my belly and lots of development going on.

OH, I meant to say this yesterday...we also got our changing table this weekend! Thank you Christina (my sister in law). I am so excited! Here is the tricky part though....we have to see if it fits. I know you are thinking, why didn't you measure before and I should have, but honestly with 3 baby beds and this piece of furniture, that is WAY too much math. So, we have the baby beds up, we will have to see how it all fits :) We love it though, thank you!

No comments: